Every citizen of a foreign country who wishes to visit the Kingdom of Lesotho on any visa category must first obtain a visa through the Lesotho e-visa system. Citizens of countries that have visa abolition agreements with Lesotho and citizens of some Commonwealth countries are exempt from this rule.
Do I Need a Visa?
Click here to find out if your country is exempt: Visa Exemption Page
First Steps to Getting your Visa
1. Confirm Contact Email - Create a new Application by selecting “Apply Now” and refer to your e-mail for the confirmation letter and activation instructions.
2. Complete Visa Application- To view step by step instructions, click the “Application” link above.
3. Upload documents - Required document depends on the visa category.
4. Make Visa Payment - Complete billing information, confirm agreement terms and submit payment. Refer to e-mail for payment confirmation.
5. Receive Visa Approval - Applicants will receive e-mail notification for all correspondences.
To complete your application in the most efficient manner, please acquire all documents that apply to your visa classification before you begin. please see below the general requirements.
Visa Application Fees (USD):
Multiple Entry Visa
Single Entry Visa
• Passport valid for travel with a validity date of at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
• Itinerary stating the purpose of your trip whether for a temporary visit such as business, pleasure, or schooling.
• Invitation Letter requesting your presence in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
• An introduction letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, of your trip.
• Bank Statement/Evidence of funds to cover your expenses while in Lesotho.
• A yellow fever certificate from travelers coming from an infected area where HIV/AIDS is prevalent.
• Travel Insurance.
Other documents as requested can include:
a. Address where you will be staying – if known.
b. If you are traveling with a minor aged 16 and below, you must provide the following:
1. Names must be the same, family or birth certificates must be supplied.
2. If not of the same family, a letter from birth parent, guardian – with documentation showing guardianship, allowing the minor to travel to Lesotho.
c. If booking for a tour group, the name and address of tourist agency will be required
Conditions for E-Visa
The E-Visa is only granted at the discretion of the Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho.
• The application processing and visa fees are non-refundable under any circumstances. If your application is declined you will not receive a refund.
• The payment is good for one year. You must submit your application within one year of making a payment..
• Your application will be processed after you select Submit button on the Home Page.
• Applicants must be outside Lesotho when applying for the visa.
• The visa is issued over the internet and through e-mail.
• Your entry must not violate the security and national welfare of The Kingdom of Lesotho.
• The visa fee is paid over the internet and receipts are issued by the credit card merchant
• A visa is valid for the duration approved by the immigration authorities.
• Regardless of the Fees you have paid the Visa must be used before the Expiration Date. Expiration date will be indicated on the Visa Document.
• If the Visa expires before use, you must apply again for another visa and fee must be paid again.
• While on Visiting to Lesotho, you must not take up a paid employment during your visit.
• You must be able to support yourself (and any dependent) during your visit.
• Payment of an application fee does not guarantee approval of a visa.
• Holding a visa does not guarantee you entry into Lesotho.
• You must meet all the conditions on arrival to be granted entry, at the discretion of an immigration officer
You should NOT complete your application if:
• You intend to travel to Lesotho within the next 3days or
• You intend to travel to Lesotho after 12 months
• The Application and transaction fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
• The Payment is good for one year. You must submit your application within one year of making the payment.
• Payment does not guarantee that you will be issued a Visa. Fee only covers costs for processing your application.
• Your application will be queued for processing after you make the payment and select 'Submit' from the Home Page.
Information Source: http://evisalesotho.com/