Up to 48 hours Cost-free
From 48 hours to 15 days 25.000 LP
The Residence Visa
One entry (from 15 days to 6 months) 50.000 LP
Double entry 75.000 LP
Multiple entry regardless of their length (3 months or 6months) 150.000 LP
The Courtesy Visa
It is granted for VIPs by Lebanese embassies and delegations abroad or by the General Director of General Security.
The Collective Visa
It is granted for touristic groups.
If the group of immigrants comes from countries that are usually granted visas for free automatically at the frontiers of the Lebanese territory or at airports, then they are exempted from any entry fees. However in the contrary, if they do not come from such countries, then a fee is collected from each member of the group (countries that require a pre-approval granted by the general security: Nigeria - Ghana – Ivory Coast
The Work Visa
It is granted for 3 months and its fee is 50.000 L.P. based on a preapproval from the Ministry of labor
The fees of paid services
The fees of paid services are collected for every application submitted at the department of public relationsor transferred to the latter via the Operation Room according to the following:
- Regular Processing - 140.000 L.P for every individual visa whether it is a single requestor a collective request
- Immediate - 140.000 L.P for every visa
The terms and conditions to grant a Lebanese visa
1- The authorities in charge of delivering the visas :
11- The general directorate of general security (previous authorization): the request is made at the regional departments by the interested party (Lebanese citizen, Palestinian refugee, the owner of a temporary visa, a permanent, a diplomatic, or a particular visa, as well as a residency permit of first or second class).
• A decision taken by the general director.
• A decision taken by the director of the following department: the bureau of naturalization, passports, and foreigners.
12- Visas delivered by departments or border posts -
13- Lebanese missions abroad can grant visas with the authorization of the general security, and under the responsibility of the mission’s director.
1. The type of visas
21- A work visa authorized by the ministry of labor
22- A visa for a visit:
221- Individual tourism
222- Touristic groups, student groups, or sports groups
223- Student visa
224- A student in religion, a clergy member, a volunteer or a missionary
225- Sanitary services
226- Show up at an embassy or an official entity
227- A friendship or a relationship of some sort
228- Family reasons
229 – Transit
229 bis – work (commercial, consultation, training, etc.)
33- The visas delivered by the department of artists following special conditions
1. The requested documents :
The type of visa The requested documents Comments
31- Diverse visas
- A filled visa application that is handed out by the interested party (Lebanese or foreigner) residing legally in Lebanon (with the exception of the 3rdand 4rth category) or by a touristic institution, or an enterprise (industrial, commercial, civil…), a legal person, or a club.
-A certified copy of the ID card, the passport and the residency permit owned by the concerned citizen.
• If the interested party is an enterprise, a legal person, or a club, he has to hand out all the legal documents requested (commercial register, investment permit, etc.)
- A certified copy of the passport that’s valid for 6months at least.
-If the refugee doesn’t live in his country of origin, or doesn’t own a foreign travelling document, he has to have in hand a resident permit for 6months at least.
• If the refugee has a FREMMEDPAS travelling document or an Egyptian travelling document, he has to have in hand a certified copy of a return visa valid for more than 6months, as well as a certified copy of the residence permit.
- If the refugee owns a Palestinian passport, or a Jordanian passport without a national number, he has to have in hand a document authorizing his return.
-A residency permit and a plane ticket
• A private insurance
-A document that underlines the profession of the interested party
• An ID photo
• A guarantee certified by a competent notary
-When it comes to visa requests made abroad by the interested party :
-The new version is available at embassies, the application has to be filled out, and an id photo has to be attached to the latter
32 – Touristic group
NB : in regional departments via touristic institutions for groups having 8 members at the most
NB : for groups that have more than 8 membres, special conditions prevail
33- Individual touristic visit
• A hotel reservation that underlines the date of entry, and exit, the addressee of residency and the title deeds or leases
• A plane ticket
- A statement of account, a credit card, an attestation of profession, and salary
34- Student visa
• An admission statement of a university or an institution that’s accredited in Lebanon, or a student card.
-A document that proves he has sufficient funds to finance his studiesNB : Those who are in receipt of a grant or scholarship are exempted from both documents
35- visit for medical purposes
• A medical report
-A document that underlines the appointment for a checkup at the hospital or by a doctor
-A document that proves he has sufficient funds
36- show up at the embassy
-A document that underlines an appointment at the embassy
- A hotel reservation or an address of residency
-A visa or a residency permit if the country where he comes from is not his country of origin
38- work visa
-A document that underlines the length of his stay, the reason and the address related to his visit
-A document that underlines the commercial relationship in play
-A document that underlines his solvency
NB : this request is made at the bureau of public relations. The visa is granted for one month and is renewable one time.
39- family visit
-All the documents requested in 31
-A document that shows the family tie (marriage certificate, birth certificate, extract of family civil register)
39 bis – A visit for an engagement
-All the documents requested in 31
-A document proves there is an engagement
• In the case of an approval the following phrase will be added
‘executing the marriage to avoid a second request’
- If there is no document proving the engagement, the visit is assumed to be a friendly visit
Terms and conditions are specific in this case
1. The instructions for coordination :
41- Handing over all the documents doesn’t necessarily mean he will be granted a visa
42- The general directorate of general security can eventually request further documents.
43- The requested documents have to be in Arabic, French or English. 44- The visas mentioned in 32 / 33 / 34 / 35 / 36 / 37 / 38 / 39 / 39 bis / are not renewable. They can’t be changed into a work visa without an official decision taken by the general director.
The list of countries that have the right to a Lebanese visa
The formalities required to obtain a visa to Lebanon
First Article: Immigrant of countries members of the Gulf Cooperation Council and immigrant of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and their family members for tourism.
• The concerned countries: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman.
• The formalities required:
o The statement ‘3months’ or ‘6months’ will be stamped on their passport, the visa will be granted free of charge, at passports or any other border posts. 3months: for Jordanian immigrants. 6months: For immigrant of countries members of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
o The period can be extended to one year, free of cost, by the general directorate of general security
o department of Arabs and foreigners.
o The surname, first name and nationality of the employer should be mentioned on the passports of all the maids, drivers and bodyguards that are accompanying them.
o It is necessary that the above mentioned employees own a valid residency permit delivered by the employer’s country of origin.
o The driver can follow his employer to Lebanon by land, if the car is registered in the name of the latter.
o Jordanian citizens that hold a passport with a national number, whether drivers in public transportations, or assistants of the latter, can get a free multiple entry visa for 6 months if their entry is for professional reasons.
N.B: Immigrants of countries members of the Gulf Cooperation Council or immigrants of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan holding a passport with a national number, that arrive to Lebanon as tourists are exempted from entry visas, as well as the members of their family, their maids, drivers, and body guards.
Second Article: Entry of citizens from foreign countries for tourism.
• The concerned countries: Andora- Antigua and Barbuda- Argentina - Armenia-Australia-Austria-Azerbaijan-Bahamas-Barbados-Belarus-Belgium-Belize-Bhutan-Brazil-Bulgaria-Canada-Chile-China Peoples republic) –Costa Rica-Croatia-Cyprus-Czech republic -Denmark- Domincan republic-Estonia-Finland-France-Georgia - Germany-Great Britain Or United Kingdom-Greece-Holland-Hong kong(SAR)China-Hungary-Iceland-Iran-Ireland-Italy-Japan-Kirgizstan-Latvia-Liechtenstein-Lithuania-Luxembourg- Macau(SAR)-Macedonia-Malaysia-Malte-Mexico-Moldova-Monaco-Montenegro-New Zealand-Norway-Panama-Paraguay-Peru-Poland-Portugal-Romania-Russia- Samoa-San Marino-Serbia -Singapore-Slovakia-Slovenia-S.Korea-Spain- St.Kitts & Nevis -Sweden-Switzerland-Tajikistan -Turkmenistan - Ukraine- U.S.A-Uzbekistan-Venezuela.
• The formalities required: A cost-free visa of one month extendable to 3 months is granted for immigrants from the above countries.
• The interested party should communicate his current address to the directorate of general security. In the event of a change of location, the latter should also be communicated.
• If the visa has an expiration period of 1 month, it is possible for the interested party to go to Syria in a brief period of 5 days, whether the visa is anticipated, consular, or immediately issued.
• In case of an ‘emergency passport’, whether issued by Canada, France, Great Britain, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark or Australia, the interested party has a right to an immediately issued visa when they reach Lebanon (1 months extendable to 3 months).
• The Ukrainian immigrants, holding a child traveling document, that are younger than 18 years old, are granted a cost-free visa of 1 months extendable to 3 when they reach Lebanon.
• It is however possible for the above-mentioned category that come either from Canada or Great Britain, to be granted a residency permit of 1 year whether it’s permanent permit or a courtesy permit.
• The holder of a temporary passport, issued by Poland, has a right to an immediately issued visa of one month extendable to 3 months.
Section two: Entry of female citizens from countries that export workers, artists, masseuses and models.
• The concerned countries: Armenia - Azerbaijan – Belarus -Bulgaria- people’s Republic of China - Croatia - Czech Republic – Estonia – Georgia –Hong Kong - Hungary – Kirgizstan -Latvia - Lithuania- Macau(SAR) – Macedonia –Moldova - Montenegro - Poland – Russia - Romania – Serbia - Slovakia-Slovenia-Tajikistan-Ukraine-Turkmenistan-Uzbekistan.
• The formalities required: A cost-free visa of one month extendable to 3 months is granted for female immigrants between 17 and 35 years old, from the above countries, under the following conditions:
o A non-refundable round trip airline ticket.
o A hotel reservation or a clear residency address.
o Females that are granted an anticipated authorization for entry, are exempted from the above-mentioned formalities, as well as the wife of a Lebanese citizen that has never worked as an artist, a model or a masseuse in Lebanon. The latter must have a marriage certificate in hand, that’s conform to current regulations.
• The entry of a female artist or a masseuse has to be authorized in advance, with the necessity of a specific contract conform to current regulations, regardless of their age, or the duration of their stay abroad, if the latter has spent a year abroad, her entry is permitted according to the regulation concerning her country of origin. She must have a marriage certificate in hand which is conform to current regulations. If her stay abroad was for less than a month, she can’t come back to Lebanon without a previously issued authorization, granted by the general security. The above-mentioned request is sent to the bureau of nationality, passports and foreigners. A marriage certificate is also required.
• For citizens who are not granted an automatic visa, they need an anticipated authorization from general security, as well as the following:
o The wife of a Palestinian or a Syrian refugee, or the owner of residency permit ‘under consideration’ who has never worked as an artist, a masseuse or a model. They must however have in hand a marriage certificate conform to current regulations.
o The mother-in-law of a Lebanese citizen, holding a document that proves the family tie.
o The wife of a Lebanese citizen that has worked as an artist masseuse or model, and spent a month abroad in the company of her husband. The latter must have a marriage certificate in hand, that’s conform to current regulations.
o Any woman that’s member of an official delegation, or that holds a diplomatic passport or a service passport.
• Any woman holding a residency permit of first class, or a student visa, both valid in Syria. The above-mentioned category is granted an entry visa of 2 weeks and a departure certificate.
Third Article: Entry of Arab and foreign diplomats and domestic workers accompanying them or their Lebanese family members living abroad.
• Arab and foreign diplomats: A cost-free multiple entry visa of 6 months, is granted at the airport and border posts to the above-mentioned category. This visa is also granted to domestic workers accompanying Lebanese families that reside abroad.
• The formalities required:
o Domestic workers of accredited diplomats or Lebanese families, have to own a passport on which the name of the diplomat or employer is written, his number and his nationality, as well as the statement ‘accompanying his employer’.
o However they must leave the country in company with their employer.
o These measures are also adopted regarding domestic workers, drivers and body guards of the Arab and foreign diplomats accredited in Syria (they must have in hand a document that proves they are employed and a residency permit valid in Syria).
• These instructions are also adopted regarding the following:
o A resident holding an ONU tourist pass as well as their family members.
o Diplomats’ family members holding diplomatic passports.
o Foreign immigrants that work in the DCAF.
o People that are holding a diplomatic passport accredited in Paraguay are exempted from needing an entry visa, if their passport is valid for 6 months or more Colombian citizens holding an official or diplomatic passport, are granted a 3months free visa, renewable one time every year.
Forth Article: Entry of Investors, businessmen, bankers, directors, employers, and traders, as well as sick patients of Lebanese origin, and members of their family, we also include touristic groups.
• An entry visa valid for 6 months is granted at the airport and at border posts.
• Investors, businessmen that come from Arab countries, that came to Lebanon for the first time, are concerned, as well as the members of their family. The latter has to be accredited, and the holder of an attestation granted by the official authorities in their country of origin, or at least an invitation emitted by the ‘IDAL’.
• Investors, businessmen, trader and members of their family are also concerned by this visa, if they are granted an official invitation emitted by a Lebanese businessman, under the following conditions:
o A formal request is emitted by the interested party and sent to the general security: attached to the latter is a proof of accommodation, and a certified copy of the commercial register.
o A certified copy of the guest’s passport, as well as a document that underlines his profession.
o The request is processed in a delay of maximum 72 hours.
• As for immigrants that don’t have a right to entry visas granted at the airport, we can mention the following:
o Bankers, directors, and employers that hold a valid accreditation.
o Immigrants from a Lebanese origin that hold a document proving the above-mentioned.
o Sick patients that came to receive a treatment of some kind, or to be hospitalized, holding a clear medical report granted by a specialized doctor.
o Touristic groups of which the total number of members is 8 at least. The touristic company has to file a formal request on their behalf.
Section two: Touristic groups that require a previous authorization.
• Entry visas are granted to members of the group, according to the lists given by the touristic company, for a period superior to 72 hours.
• Entry/exit stamps are affixed on their passports. They also have to fill out a registration card during their entry/exit.
• The list of travelers is delivered in 7 copies to the secretariat of the general security, 48 hours before their entry at least.
• A visa of 72 hours is granted in return for a sum of 25 000 L.L for every document delivered.
• Touristic groups can leave the Lebanese territory from any border post or airport, under the condition that all the members will be present.
• As for the sportive delegations, they have to file a formal request, whatever may be the number of travelers concerned, to the secretariat of general security.
• A document delivered by the ministry of youth and sport, regarding the program planned and the addresses is requested.
Fifth Article: Entry of businessmen and directors, C.E.Os, doctors, engineers, lawyers, and others, holding a residency permit valid in any country member of the Gulf cooperation council.
• A visa of 11 months is granted at the airport or any border post, while their wives and kids are not met with the same conditions, if they do not have a valid residency permit. In fact they act under the conditions required to each one of them according to her situation and country of origin.
Seventh Article: Entry of citizens from countries exporting workers.
• Immigrants of the following countries are concerned : Angola - Bangladesh – Benin republic – Bosnia – Botswana -- Burkina Faso – Burundi – Cameroon –Central Africa Republic – Chad – Chinese Taipei(TW) – Comers Island - Republic of Congo (Brazzaville) -Djibouti Eritrea – Ethiopia – Fiji – Gabon – Gambia – India – Indonesia –Kenya - Kazakstan – Liberia –- Malawi – Mali – Mauritania – Mauritius – Mozambique – N.Korea – Namibia – Guinea-Bissau- Nicaragua – Niger– Pakistan – Palau Islands – Philippines – Rwanda – Seychelles Island – Sierra Leone – Salvador – Somalia – South-Africa – Sri Lanka-St. Lucia – St. Vincent & Grenadines _ Suriname – Tanzania – Togo _ Trinidad & Tobago - Thailand – Honduras- Uganda – Vietnam – Zambia – Zimbabwe.
• The formalities required:
1. The interested party should receive a previous authorization emitted by the general security, conform to current regulations.
Eight Article: Entry of Arab and foreign citizens for tourism.
1 month visa, extendable to 3 months is granted to immigrants from the following countries : Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Comoros island, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, Yemen, Ivory coast, Ghana, and Nigeria under the following conditions: 1. A round trip airline ticket 2. A hotel reservation or an address of residency, and a phone number 3. A sum of money equivalent to 2000 AD, or a check of the same amount certified by the concerned bank Are exempted immigrants holding a visa granted abroad by Lebanese missionaries, or by the general security
• A visa of 1 month extendable to 3 months, is granted to domestic workers, drivers, and body guards, accompanying immigrants from Iraq, under the following conditions:
o The employer has to own a residency permit valid in Lebanon.
o The employee has to own a residency permit valid in Iraq. The statement ‘accompanying his employer’ is written on his passport, as well as the name of his employer, and his passport number.
o The latter has to leave with his employer when the time comes.
o Drivers can follow their employer to Lebanon by land, if the car is registered in the name of the employer.
• Immigrants from Iraq and Yemen are granted automatically issued visas according to the following conditions:
• For traders:
o A document that proves they are registered in the chamber of commerce.
o The statement ‘trader’ is written on their passport. In case of an electronic passport, that doesn’t contain an information page, the document requested above would be enough.
o A sum of money homogeneous with the trade situation at hand.
o A hotel reservation or a residency address, and a phone number.
• For doctors and engineers:
o They are granted automatically issued visas, if they own a document certifying that they are members of the medical board, or the engineering board.
o The statement ‘doctor’ or ‘engineer’ is written on their passport. In case of an electronic passport that doesn’t have an information page, the above-mentioned certification is enough.
o A hotel reservation or a clear residency address with a phone number.
o A sum of money equivalent to 2 000 AD or a check of this amount, certified by the concerned bank.
NB: Are exempted the immigrants of the mentioned countries, that come to Lebanon to participate in a conference or congresses organized by local or regional authorities, If they have been officially invited. The duration of the visa should not exceed the validity period of the residency permit, nor the validity of the passport.
Ninth Article: Citizens that require a previous authorization from the general security.
• Holders of access passes, as well as holders of Palestinian passports, that come from Jordan.
• Domestic workers and body guards, of non-Lebanese / diplomatic families, that come from countries not members of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
• Foreigners that want to work.
• Individuals that are presumed terrorists and those indicated by the Interpol.
• The holders of an ‘emergency passport’. Are exempted, the holder of ‘emergency passports’, coming from France, Sweden, Holland, Australia, as well as holders of a Ukrainian ‘Child travel document’ or an ‘Alien travel document’.
Tenth Article: Female citizens from Indonesia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, or Egypt.
• Immigrants coming from Indonesia, Ghana, Sierra Leone, or Egypt require a previous authorization from general security for tourism.
• It is not possible for immigrants of these countries to come work in Lebanon as a domestic worker, according to an official decision emitted by their government
• As for the tourism visa, it requires a previous authorization delivered by the directorate of general security
• The countries not mentioned previously : Immigrants that come from countries not previously mentioned require a visa delivered by one of the Lebanese embassies, or a previous authorization granted by the directorate of the general security.
A work visa: A 3 months visa is granted after receiving a previous authorization emitted by the general directorate of general security as well as the ministry of labor.
Entry of Arab and foreign students.
A cost-free entry visa of 3 months will be granted to Arab students that plan to come alone or in groups
• The formalities required:
• Arab students :
1. They have to have in hand a student card, a certificate of admission / inscription delivered by a university or a school.
• Foreign students :
1. A visa is granted under specific conditions related to their situation and country of origin.
Visa granted by Lebanese missions
If a tourism visa is granted by one the Lebanese missions residing abroad, conform to current regulations, this visa is granted under the responsibility of the mission’s director: a fact that is known by the latter who will write and signs this statement. The official seal should also be used in this instance to avoid risk of fraud.
Entry for reasons other than tourism
People that plan to come to Lebanon for reasons other than tourism, have to obtain a previous authorization delivered by a Lebanese mission residing abroad, or by the directorate of general security.
Employees of the ESCWA and holders of official and service passports
• A cost free visa will be granted to members of the ESWA that hold official duties, their families, as well as holders of official and service passports after some verification regarding their duties.
• As for the guests invited to participate in a certain activity organized by the commission, a cost-free visa will be granted following a request from the ESCWA.
Arab and foreign Priests and volunteers:
• Priests whatever their religion, have to respect current regulations related to their country of origin if the trip is touristic.
• However if it’s not touristic, the latter have to obtain a visa delivered by the Lebanese missions residing abroad, or by the general security.
• The following require a previous authorization delivered by the directorate of the general security.
Turkish immigrants that plan to come to Lebanon as tourists:
A multiple entry cost-free visa of 3months, is delivered at the airport, and at border posts.
Palestinian immigrant wife of a Lebanese / GCC citizen:
• The wife of a Lebanese citizen holding a palestinian passport and having in hand a marriage certificate conform to current regulations, is granted a one-month extendable visa.
• However, if she is the wife of an immigrant from countries member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and having the same conditions as above (palestinian passport and approved marriage certificate), she will need a previous authorization from the General Security to be granted a visa.
Exemption concerning the special tribunal for Lebanon
• Employees that work there, are exempted from any cost on entry visas Their visa is granted conformingly to the regulations adopted for ESCWA employees (previously mentioned).
• Photographs, films, cassettes, CDs, publications and recordings imported by this bureau are exempted of any restraints usually compulsory on importations and exportation.
Visa expiration breach
If the traveler is in breach of the visa expiration period :
• If it’s less than one month after expiration, his exit automatically fixes the situation, financial charges are due.
• However, if it’s more than one month, he will not be allowed to leave until he contacts the bureau of Arabs and foreigners during a period of 48 hours, to fix the situation, before leaving the country. Those who have a work visa, have to contact the ministry of labor as well.
NB: Aviation companies could be encounter a monetary penalty, for any infraction committed regarding the measures previously exposed.
A visa for a foreign expert at a port
Conditions and procedures to grant an entry visa to foreign technical specialists at various ports
The foreign experts brought for technical or administrative work are granted a visa at a port as follows:
1- If the length of his stay doesn’t exceed 1 month, the concerned enterprise will apply for a one month non renewable visa via the bureau of public relations. The following documents are requested:
11- A certified copy of the passport of the foreigner valid for 6 months at least.
12- Certified copies of the official documents related to the enterprise or institution (e.g. register commercial).
13- A certified copy of the ID card or the extract of civil status of the director or owner.
14- A document that underlines the foreigner’s profession.
15- An insurance is procured by the enterprise in favor of the worker during his stay in Lebanon.
16- A valid residence permit for the worker if his country of residence is not his country of origin.
17- The company’s ledger showing the object of the work the expert was brought to do, as well as other relevant information.
2- If the length of his stay exceeds one month:
The modalities required are those prescribed for a first class worker.
Conditions and procedures to grant an transit visa to foreign sailors to get on ships
When it comes to foreign sailors and foreign sailing specialists (Superintendant, Inspector, Marine Surveyor) wanting to get on foreign ships, they are granted a "transit visa" to do so.
Visas or residency permits for students in religions, volunteers, missionaries and men of religion
The requirements regarding the applicants for a Lebanese visa or residency permit for religious men, students, missionaries or volunteers will be highlighted in the following section.
1- The conditions regarding students in religion applying for a Lebanese visa:
11- The students in religion regardless of their religion, and whether they are enrolled in an accredited universities or accredited religious institutions in Lebanon (even those whose studies or universities are not religious), are granted an entry visa for a month prior to their entry
111- An authorization prior to the entrance granted by the general security in virtue of a requested presented by the university or the institution in question. The latter can’t apply via a Lebanese delegation abroad
112- The interested party has to be 18 years old or more
113- Attestation of enrollment in an accredited university or an accredited religious institution in Lebanon. The type of degree has to be specified in the attestation, as well as the period and semesters indicated.
114- The interested party has to enter Lebanese territories in the beginning of the academic year (the visa have to be applied for, a month before the beginning of the academic year).
115- The interested party has to come the country of which he holds the nationality. If this is not the case, he cannot enter Lebanese authorities.
12- The universities and religious institutions have to hand over to the general security: the lists of all the degrees as well as the required academic period, and the semesters indicated to each degree.
13- The universities and religious institutions have to sing an attestation of departure when the interested party finished the required academic years or semesters indicated. His departure has to be ensured if there is an infraction regarding his visa, or if he committed a crime.
14- In virtue of security concerns regarding both Lebanon and the countries of origin of the students in question, only the following nationalities are temporarily excluded: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Albanian, Bosnian, Indian, Sri Lankans, Philippine, Sudan, Egyptian, Chechen, Bangladesh, Algerian, Somalian, Iraqi.
2-The conditions required to grand a residency permit for students in religion:
21-The residency permit is granted for students in religion regardless of their religion, if they are enrolled in a university or in a religious institution that is accredited in Lebanon. The following conditions are required:
211- After a month of his entry in Lebanon, the interested party has to show up at a regional bureau of the general security, where he will apply for a residency permit, handing out the application and the required documents.
212- The interested party has to hand out an attestation establishing that he has passed the previous year. The student cannot repeat his year more than once. If he fails to do so, he will have to leave the Lebanese territory.
213- If the students are married, their children will not have a residency permit in virtue of their own, and cannot hence live with them.
22- A residency permit – multiple entries can be requested one time a year and for 3months only.
3- Men of religion, missionaries, and volunteers are permitted to enter in virtue of a request done by the religious institution, the charitable institution or the university in question:
31- The requested conditions are based on the nationality of each applicant.
32- The visas granted according to the article 31 are assimilated to touristic visas that cannot be transformed into residency visas. The interested party has to leave when the validity period of the visa comes to an end.
33- Men of religion, volunteers, and missionaries that wish to reside in Lebanon have to request a previous authorization delivered by the general security in virtue of a requested addressed by the host institution.
34- The host institution has to ensure the above-mentioned conditions 111, 112, 115, 211, and 213, for an entry visa or a residency permit.
35- The host institution has to sign an attestation that specifies the type of activity in question, the location of the project and the period indicated for the latter. The date of departures has to be specified in a second attestation that will also be signed by the host institution. These attestations will have to be handed out to the general security.
The host institution: Religious leaders, universities, or charitable institutions that are legally accredited in Lebanon.
4- The costs:
Students in religion: 250 000 L.B.P
Men of religion, missionaries and volunteers: 300 000L.B.P
5- The above-mentioned instructions are also related to nuns, and students, volunteers, or missionaries that are women.
Visa granted by the embassy
Visas granted by Lebanese embassies abroad
1 - An application form (that is filled out)
2 - A passport valid for at least 6months, as well as a photocopy of the latter
3 - A recent 3.5 x 4.5 ID Photo (that complies with standards)
4 - A hotel reservation, or a clear address of the place of residence, a telephone number, and an invitation sent by a citizen. The latter has to provide a document that ensures he is Lebanese or a residence permit valid for 3 months at the least
5- A potential airline ticket that highlights the departure date and the return date
6- A detailed account statement of the 3 last months that brings to life his ability to finance the trip
7- A document that highlights the profession of the concerned party
8- If the concerned party does not work, he must provide the Above-mentioned documents 6 and 7
9- A residence permit valid for 6months if the concerned party does not reside in his country of origin
Palestinian immigrants that hold a travelling document delivered by their government, or Jordanian immigrants that hold a passport without a national number, residing in Palestine, have to acquire an authorization to come back to his country
For the holders of an Egyptian traveling document, residing in Egypt, a certifies photocopy of their residence permit valid for 6 month at least, is requested as well as a re-entry visa
For the holders of an Alien passport, a certified photocopy of the residence permit valid for 6months at least, is requested
The requested documents in case of a stay for commercial reasons are the following :
1- All the above-mentioned documents (in the tourism field)
2- An official invitation issued by a Lebanese commercial partner (Name, Address, Phone number, Commercial register)
3- A document that highlights the partnerships between the two parties above-mentioned
The requested documents in case of a stay for family visits:
1- All the above-mentioned documents in the first category (Tourism)
2- The documents that highlight the family tie (A marriage certificate, a birth certificate, and documents of civil status)
The requested documents in case of a stay for medical treatment:
1- All the above-mentioned documents in the first category (Tourism)
2- A detailed medical report delivered by a medical specialist
3- A document that highlights the commencement date, and the time required by the treatment
The requested documents in case of a stay to participate in a professional training:
1- All the above-mentioned documents in the first category (Tourism)
2- A formal invitation, and a detailed program of this training (dates, length, and the courses)
The requested documents in case of a transit visa:
1- A visa or a residence permit related to the country of destination
2- An airline ticket
- The requested documents should be either In Arabic, French, or English
- The general directorate of the general security can request more documents further on in the process
- The application should be submitted 2 months before the trip
- If a visa for tourism is granted to a Lebanese mission located abroad, it is granted under the responsibility of the director of this mission: an engagement is written and signed by the latter; it should comprise the original seal of the embassy to avoid fraud attempts
Foreigners in Lebanon
The general directorate of general security is declaring that applications related to touristic visas and work visas when it comes to companies, institutions, domestic workers, and workers in agriculture, are hence available at the multiple regional departments instead of only at the head department of each region, based on the applicant's location of residence. If the applicant wishes to get his visa quickly he can do that via the department of public relations after paying the related fees.
Information Source: https://www.general-security.gov.lb/