Entry into Gabonese territory is subject to a visa requirement.
Two options are possible:
1. obtaining a visa in the country of origin ( contact the Gabonese Embassy or Consulate );
2. the on-site issuance of a visa after obtaining an entry permit.
Info: The E-Visa procedure is being installed and will soon allow travelers to complete their formalities using the dedicated section of the DGDI portal site.
1. Obtaining a visa issued in the country of origin
It must be requested from Gabonese diplomatic and consular representations. The list of documents to be provided is communicated by the consulate. Only original documents are accepted. These may be required on arrival in Gabon by air and border police officers.
It should be noted that a visa issued in the country of origin does not give the right of automatic entry insofar as the Gabonese border police can carry out a control and decide not to let a person enter for lack of appropriate documentation.
2. The on-site issuance of a visa in Gabon after obtaining an entry permit.
To obtain an entry permit, including within the framework of a family visit, the request must be made by the host in Gabon to the General Directorate of Documentation and Immigration in Libreville. The visitor must present a copy of the request upon boarding, upon departure from the airport. It is then exchanged, on arrival in Gabon, against the entry permit.
As with visas issued in the country of origin, it is recommended, for entry authorizations, that local sponsors (families or companies) be present at the airport when the expected persons arrive, provided with the original documents of the file, in the event that these could not be sent to them before their departure.
When crossing the border by air, sea, or land, in addition to the copy of the entry permit application, a valid passport and a one-way transport ticket must be presented. return or nominative circular and a vaccination record (yellow fever mandatory). It is necessary to bring 45,000 CFA francs (70 €), corresponding to the cost of establishing the entry permit. This procedure applies to nationals, whether they are tourists, businessmen or simple visitors.
3. Special case of business trips to Gabon
For any stay of less than three months, businessmen are exempt from authorization if a travel agency approved in Gabon has organized the stay and has obtained the necessary entry permits. However, they must justify the nature of their presence on Gabonese soil and / or list by any other written means the contacts during their stay.
Currently e-Visas are valid only for those wanting to visit Gabon by air via Leon Mba International Airport in Libreville.
The process for obtaining the e-visa is:
1. The visa application form should be completed on-line and include a copy of the passport data page, the date of validity of at least six months and a color photograph from less than 6 months of size 35 * 45 mm and has neither overexposure or underexposure. It must be properly mixed without shadow on the face or in the background.
2. The visa application form must be correctly fullfilled. All information on the form must match passport data.
3. The applicant for e-Visa should not travel before the arrival date specified in the registration or take the risk of traveling without having received the Travel Authorization Receipt. Applicants who do not respect these instructions will be drived back in accordance with Law N°5/86 of 18 June 1986, laying down the admission regime and stay of foreigners in the Gabonese republic.
4. E-visas are granted for these durations:
1. From one (1) to three (3) months single entry, the cost is 70 EUR or 45000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee.
2. For six (6) months with multiple entries which cost 185 EUR or 120000 XAF + 15 EUR as file processing fee.
Payments are made on arrival at the delivery of the e-visa sticker
5. The application processing time is 72 hours, after ETA reception. ETA request cannot be processed in a shorter period.
6. Some countries are exempt from visas under bilateral agreements with Gabon, kindly check the exempted countries list in advance before submitting an e-visa request.
7. This e-visa, as for other visas issued by the Gabonese Republic may be extended by going to the visa department of the Directorate General of Documentation and Immigration (DGDI) in Libreville, under the following conditions:
• A visa of one (1) months may be extended for two (2) months;
• A visa of two (2) months may be extended for one (1) months;
• A visa of three (3) months is not extended;
• A visa of six (6) months is not extended;
Information Source: https://www.dgdi.ga/