Mandatory form for Extra-Schengen air travel to Belgium 'Public Health Passenger Locator Form"
Every passenger on an Extra-Schengen flight to Belgium is obliged to complete the "Public Health Passenger Locator Form" prior to travel. On arrival in Belgium, the form must be handed over to the designated authorities at the border. This is a sanitary measure imposed by the Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment. Further information can be found on the form itself.

Information on the GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation. Information to be provided to applicants concerning the processing of personal data in the Visa Information System (VIS) provided upon short stay visa applications
Privacy statement. Processing of personal data in the context of a visa application

All the information concerning visa applications for Belgium is available on the website of the Foreigners Department of the FPS Home Affairs(link is external), which is the competent Belgian authority for access to the territory, stay, residence and removal of foreigners in Belgium.

At which embassy or consulate shall I introduce my visa application?
You should apply for your visa in person at the Belgian embassy or consulate which is competent for your country of residence, where you will be requested to communicate your travel destination as well as the circumstances of it. In a number of cases, you can lodge your visa application through an external service provider (outsourcing partner). In some very specific cases, you can also be exempted from personally lodging your application. If you want to know more about it, please contact the relevant embassy or consulate. If you want to find out which Belgian embassy or consulate is competent for you visa application, please click here (PDF, 302.29 KB)- countrycodes (PDF, 26.41 KB) .

Contact details Belgian embassies and consulates
If you apply for a short stay visa (up to 90 days), some countries offer the possibility of having your visa application treated by another Schengen country Belgium has concluded a representation agreement with. In order to verify which embassy is competent for your country of residence and whether Belgium is represented by a Schengen partner for short stay visa, please click here (PDF, 302.29 KB) - countrycodes (PDF, 26.41 KB).
Note: Representation in the matter of visa only concerns Schengen visa applications (short stay up to 90 days) for:
• Tourist visits
• Visits to family or friends
• Cultural or sports manifestations
• Business trips
• Short traineeships
• Transit through the Schengen area
Long stay visa applications (more than 90 days) or short stay visa applications aiming at a longer stay in Belgium (e.g. marriage in Belgium), are not covered by the representation agreement and must hence be lodged with the relevant Belgian embassy or consulate. If there is no Belgian embassy or consulate in your country of residence, you should apply to the Belgian embassy or consulate responsible for that country (and usually located in a neighbouring country):
click here (PDF, 302.29 KB) - countrycodes (PDF, 26.41 KB).

How can I have my visa extended in Belgium?
All information on this subject can be found on the website of the Alien's Department of the FPS Home Affairs(link is external).
Once the Foreigners Department has approved your request to extend your stay, you must apply to the FPS Foreign Affairs (Rue des Petits Carmes 27, 1000 Brussels - Monday to Friday, 9h30 am - 11h30 am) in order to submit your passport and, if necessary, to pay the fee (€ 30).

Information Source:

There are no comments on this page.